The Leaving Certificate is a two year programme. It is envisaged that all students will take a minimum of seven subjects for their final examination. A comprehensive range of subjects are offered to students and are allocated depending on student interest and availability of resources.
- Irish, English and Mathematics
Option Subjects (select any four)
- Accounting, Art, Applied Mathematics & Biology
- Computer Science, Business, Chemistry, Construction Studies Design & Communication
- Graphics, Economics, Engineering, Physical Education (Exam Subject), French, Geography, History, Home Economics, Music, Physics & Spanish
- Career Guidance, Computers, Physical Education & Religious Education
Additional Programmes Available
Transition Year (TY)
This is a one year programme designed to develop self-directed independent learning. It is taken bystudents who have completed their Junior Cycle Examinations.
Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA)
This is a distinct, self-contained, two year modular programme aimed at preparing learners for adult and working life. It is characterised by educational experiences of an active, practical and student-centred nature. Students are awarded credits for assignments and attendance, in addition to end of year written examinations.
As an alternative to the traditional Leaving Certificate, LCA is best suited to students who may achieve their potential in a practical programme with a strong vocational emphasis.
Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme (LCVP)
Subject to eligibility this is a programme modelled to prepare students for life after school. The programme focuses on Personal Enterprise and the World of Work. It rewards students with an additional certification as part of their Leaving Certificate Examination. LCVP offers students the possibility of obtaining additional CAO points.